Friday, November 5, 2010

AEDM - Day 5 and Drawing Lab Challenge #5

Hmm, a convergence of fives :D

Today's art was just as scarce as my previous two, except the one doodle I managed to start and poke at for the previous two days has now been completed.

Wind, pen on fineliner paper, approx. 200 x 100 mm.
Back in 2006, Hubby and I went on the best holiday we had ever had (well, that I've ever had anyway :D). We took a driving holiday in Western Australia, a wildflower paradise. Anyways, while travelling up the coast towards Geraldton, we passed some wind sculpted trees - Wikipedia has a piccy. They've stuck in my mind ever since. And they were a major influence on my brain when I drew this. Not quite as bent, and a touch more active, I'm really happy with the movement in this doodle.

Maybe I'll get something other than a doodle done tomorrow ::crosses fingers::

And...
Time to bend your brain...

This is the fifth challenge post for the Drawing Lab Challenge. Grab your copy of 'Drawing lab for mixed media artists: 52 creative exercises to make drawing fun' and join us as we tackle the book together. Details of the challenge and joining can be found here.

This week the challenge is...

Lab 19 (Page 58).

This one should have some interesting results.

Have at it!

Nutty
(let's see if I can let go of control)

11 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been looking forward to Lab 19. And I think your wind drawing is beautiful, stunning even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This drawing reminds me of the 1937 Disney Cartoon, The Old Mill. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tree! Reminds me of the very wind-swept scottish islands where all the trees look like this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What you claim as simple doodles always look so lovely to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nutty, I've come over from AEDM. I really like your tree especially the way the markings on the trunk are similar to the leaves. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh . . . Gumnut, I bought the book today! I would love to jump in and play along with the group. I just read instructions as given for this assignment, and will post when I get my drawing done. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - I have never seen a tree like that... Very cool.

    Interesting choice for this assignment - I will definitely try to work it into my daily paintings!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like "wind"
    I am waiting for my Drawing Lab book to arrive so I can play too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your drawing and that book... I really want it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is lovely. Much more polished than anything I'd call a doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm there right along with everyone else: that tree is awesome!!
    Got my copy of DL and will jump in as soon as we've finished moving house - if that's okay?
    I really enjoy looking at your 'experiments'!

    ReplyDelete